Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Four Months Old


Griffin is four months old today! He just gets cuter all the time...and more vocal about what he likes and doesn't like (hence the growling mentioned earlier). He's also started reaching out for things lately. In fact, we had a really sweet mother/son moment last night. I'm not sure what it is, but the last few nights Little Man has not wanted to go to bed easily. Normally, he just goes right to sleep, but the past three nights he's screamed and cried for at least 30 minutes when we put him to bed. Last night I'd had enough and went into his room to settle him down. While I was rocking him and trying to soothe him to sleep, he looked at me and reached up to touch my face....just melted my heart :) He got the sweetest little smile on his face as he touched my nose, cheek and lips. That little gesture made a difficult night so much better for both of us. After that, he was ready to sleep without further protest.

At four months, Griffin is rolling over quite a bit more, loves playing in his bouncer seat, and seems to spend more time just looking around and observing. He's discovered our dog Dixie and enjoys watching her walk around and play. He's started laughing a little and might be starting to teeth too. He gnaws on his thumb quite a bit and tries to put blankets and toys in his mouth all the time. No teeth peeking through yet, but I have a feeling they might be right around the corner. All in all, he's a happy boy and Ryan and I are really enjoying him these days.

Here are a few pictures from our recent visit at Poppa and Gigi's house. Aunt Amy will be leaving soon to start law school in Virginia, so we got together with the rest of the family for a bon voyage dinner. Unfortunately, Amy was sick, so she didn't really get to play with Griffin and I didn't get any pictures of them together that night. But Little Man had a good time showing off his new growling trick for the whole family. It was a fun night and I have a feeling we might be planning a road trip to Virginia before too long.

Waitress.....bring me another mai tai!!

Are you my hula dancer?

1 comment:

  1. I still think he is one of the CUTEST baby boys I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete