Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Been a While

So I've been a bad blogger lately, but honestly, it's not my fault. We just haven't had that much going on this month. I think it's the extreme heat we're experiencing in Texas.....how many straight days over 100 degrees can one girl handle?? Blah...I'm ready for fall!

So this month we've been keeping cool by staying indoors...but that doesn't make for very exciting blog posts. So I'll just share some of the everyday humdrum things that have been going on in our lives, peppered with a few exciting celebrations.


First, we've decided to refinance our house. It's hard to resist the uber-low interest rates floating around out there, plus with my job switch from attorney to stay at home mom, our cash flow situation isn't quite what it used to be. And really, who couldn't use a few hundred extra dollars a month? So, Ryan and I were frantically taming the jungle that was threatening to take over the yard (who has time for yard work with a baby in the house??) so that the appraiser would not run screaming for the hills. Hopefully, we'll get everything finalized before too long. Bring on those lower house payments!

Second....Griff had his 4 month check-up and is doing great. He was 15 lbs 2 oz (60%) and 25 inches (60%). He's also started eating solids this month (I know....try to contain your excitement). So far, we've mastered baby oatmeal, and we're moving on to veggies. After 3 days of carrots (including one sneezing incident that sent me running for a shower), he's not really a fan, but we'll give it a few more tries and then move to something else. I'm trying the whole make-your-own-baby-food thing and it seems pretty easy so far (not to mention less expensive than buying it at the store). We'll see if I can keep it up.


And finally....big praise to the Lord...Ryan celebrated 3 years of being cancer free this month! He's still going in for regular check-ups, but everything is perfectly normal. Always good news in our house. It's hard to believe that it's already been 3 years since that frightening experience. So many have prayed for healing and continued good health....we're constantly reminded of the Lord's faithfulness and love.


So there's your peek into our lives this month. Like I said, not too exciting, but I feel better now that I've added a post to the August column...it was looking very lonely over there :)

3 comments:

  1. i made all of jackson's baby food... i LOVED it..and i really think thats why he is such a good little eater now... (good as in, he LOVES his fruits and veggies!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! PTL for NO CANCER! God is GOOD! Love my BIL and am so thankful for an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so grateful for Ryans good health and the Lord's protective hand over your family. We are all very blessed! Love to all three of you.

    ReplyDelete