Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 26, 2010

First Trip to Longview

This weekend we took a little trip to visit Ryan's parents in Longview. It's only 2.5 hours from Dallas, and we departed just before prime nap time, which should have meant an easy drive, but the Little Man was anything but happy on the ride out there. Napping was apparently not on his itinerary. We stopped for a diaper change, I sat in the back with him, played with the slightly annoying carseat toy, played lots of peek-a-boo, and he finally fell asleep about 20 minutes before we arrived. I finally figured out that he wanted to look at me, but not have me look at him. If he could just stare at me without me staring back, he could drift off to sleep and I guess have pleasant dreams about the beauty of Momma's chin?? After all that, I was glad to have a relaxing weekend with Griffin's Abby and Zayde.

We got to eat food from some of our favorite Longview spots (Pizza King and Bodacious BBQ), Griffin showed off his new growling skill (adorable and slightly disturbing at the same time...see video below), and he got to play in the smallest, cutest baby pool I've ever seen. Plus Ryan and I got to have a date night while the grandparents babysat. We had a great visit and happily, the ride home was much easier. Griff must have been worn out from all the fun because he slept the entire way back.






Whew! Time for a break from all that fun :)


The amazing Growling Baby...

2 comments:

  1. Griffin is getting so big! That baby pool is precious...what fun! Oh, and I forgot to tell you that yes, I knew there was a good toddler pool close to your house, but we haven't been there yet. I'm hoping we can make it there before schools starts up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a shout out to Griffin from GiGi and Poppa.......Happy 4 month Birthday to our little man! Can't believe you are getting so big. We love your smile and of course the talented growl. Love you all

    ReplyDelete