Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Home Improvements

In my last post, I mentioned that we recently installed new granite countertops in our kitchen.  The decision to get new countertops was easy....our old ones were the standard laminate kind, in a less-than-lovely gray/blue color.  Oddly, I haven't seen anything like them in Southern Living or Better Homes & Gardens lately.  

So, it was an easy call to replace them, but not such an easy decision to pick out the color, the coordinating backsplash, the pattern, the trim, the edging, etc.  Whew!  All those decisions just for new countertops (and a few new appliances).  I can't imagine designing a whole house from scratch!  After much agonizing and last minute mind changing we made our choices, and I'm so pleased with the final result.  This renovation was a splurge for us....I'm usually a DIY kind of gal, but we saved up and I think it was totally worth it.

Here are a few before and after pictures:

The day of our inspection before we bought the house - the walls have a great textured and glazed look, but the cabinets and countertops had to go.

Ahhh....so much better!  The granite looks great with the cabinets I repainted a while back.
Kitchen - done.  Next step, retiling the master bath.....ahh the joys of home ownership :)

4 comments:

  1. It's GORGEOUS!!! I can't believe I still haven't seen your house! I want to come see everything really bad. Great job you two! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh, i am drooling! the kitchen looks FABULOUS!!!! i'm about to tackle our kitchen cabinets and may need to pick your brain for some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love the granite color! You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter in love is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete