Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 16, 2009

And Here We Go.....

Okay, after months of following all the fun blogs of friends and family, we've decided to enter the blogging world ourselves.  I honestly never thought I'd be the blogging type...I mean who really needs to know what I'm thinking or doing all the time?  Plus I don't usually like doing something just because everyone else is doing it.  In fact, I had actually decided not to ever start a blog or join Twitter just as a protest to all the self-expression mania taking over the world.  

But now I've seen the light - at least as far as blogs are concerned.  I love reading everyone else's posts and seeing the pictures of their lives, kids, vacations, whatever.  This blogging thing might not be such a bad idea after all.  It's alot like the time I saw my first pair of capri pants and vowed that I would never, EVER be caught dead in them.  Of course, now they are a favorite part of my summer wardrobe - never say never, right? (I'm still swearing off Twitter at this point, but I guess you never know).

So here's my first post, with the promise of many more to come.  I'm starting things off with a bang - pictures from our recent trip to Hawaii!  A few weeks ago, Ryan and I returned to our honeymoon destination - the Grand Hyatt in Kauai.  It's a beautiful place with the friendliest people in the world.  We had such a great time lounging on the beach, reading books, enjoying sunset dinners, flying around in a helicopter, ziplining through the mountains - we couldn't have asked for a better trip.  So here are a few of the 300+ pictures I took (don't worry...I've only posted a quick tasting).  I have some video footage of the ziplines that I'm going to try and add soon.  Until then...enjoy!



If any one has ever travelled to Hawaii, you know that the time difference takes a while to get used to.  The first few mornings we were up before dawn, so we took advantage of the situation and got to see a few beautiful sunrises from our balcony.



The hotel staff was so glad to have us back that they sent up complimentary chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite!) and champagne (switched out for sparkling grape juice since we're not really big champagne drinkers).  I love this place!

If you look closely you can see Ryan jumping off this cliff near our hotel (just kidding....that's not Ryan....but some other brave soul is definitely jumping off the cliff in this picture)


Part of the nightly torch lighting ceremony at the hotel.

Wailua Falls - I'm told this is where they filmed the intro to Fantasy Island (a little before our time though, so I'll take their word for it)


You can see the back of our resort in the background...beautiful!

I just wish I had a picture of Ryan pushing the 8-year-old girl out of the way so he could have his turn on the slide :)

Beginning of our helicopter tour - we'd highly recommend this to anyone visiting Kauai!

The Napali Coast - only accessible by boat or helicopter (or a really treacherous hiking trail, but we're on vacation right?)

Waimea Canyon, dubbed the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" by Mark Twain

So I just had to get a picture of this chicken crossing the road (he he)....seriously, there are hundreds of wild chickens running around on this island!



Hammock time!

Sunset dinner at The Beach House


I guess this is how the Hawaiians like their women?

Ryan striking a manly hula pose in the airport :)

We love you Hawaii - hope to be back soon!!



2 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!! Welcome to the blogging world!!! Can't wait to see what fun things you post! Even though I talk to you almost every day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Melissa...how fun is this! Loved the vacay photos. Now about Twitter.... :)
    Love you!
    Mom F

    ReplyDelete