Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother's Day

Ryan and I are both blessed with loving, faithful, encouraging, Godly mothers.  So we've started a new tradition to honor them by hosting a family lunch at our home on Mother's Day.  Our two families don't have a chance to get together too often, so everyone had fun catching up and just spending time together.  

This year, my sister and brother-in-law were able to join us (it's great having them back in Texas), along with Ryan's sister and her boyfriend.  We missed my younger sisters, but college finals are pretty hard to ignore.

We also got to show off our new kitchen countertops (photos to come) - I finally got granite!  Thanks so much to everyone for making this Mother's Day so special.

My good friend Mary made beautiful flower arrangements just for our lunch - thanks Mary - the picture doesn't really do them justice.  And I think this is the only time of the year that I actually get to use our wedding china.

The Fitzhugh Clan (Ryan, me, my father & mother-in-love, Stephen and Blair)

Most of the Parker Group (Blake, Heather, Mom, Dad, me, Ryan - and Dixie)

The Moms
To my mom and mother-in-love: Thank you both for being who you are.  You are constant sources of support, love and encouragement.  We know that your countless prayers brought us together all those years ago, and we're so grateful for your presence in our lives.  We love you!

3 comments:

  1. Awe, that was a sweet post! Loved your china. I can't believe you got granite. You are so spoiled !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! What a pretty family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Melissa! What a treat this day was! Thanks for all the hard work & yummy food it yielded. Loved being with your fam. Let's keep this tradition going!
    ILY
    Mom

    ReplyDelete