Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Long Live the King!


Needless to say, Ryan was in heaven just getting to see the new stadium up close.  Most of you probably know what a huge Dallas Cowboys fan he is.....anyone remember his groom's cake?

I grew up listening to George Strait's music...Heather and I spent countless hours two-steppin' around the living room, standing on our dad's toes, to Amarillo By Morning and All My Exes Live in Texas ;)  So when I heard George would be performing in Dallas, I knew we had to go.  I called up the family and we all decided to go together.  Sadly we were missing Amy, who was getting ready to take the LSAT a few days later.  With such a big family, it's almost impossible to find dates that don't conflict with anything, so we were happy to get most of the gang there.

We decided to make a day of it, tailgating in the Rangers' parking lot before the concert.  Ryan made some knock-out burgers and we had a great time.  Here are a few pictures from the concert:



For Reba's encore, she changed into this red number and sang everyone's favorite "Fancy" - loved it!

Mom & Dad

The inaugural opening of the stadium's ceiling

From here you can see the Rangers Ballpark - Ryan's in heaven

It was a HOT day - so I'm definitely glistening here :)

The massive video screen - it will stretch from one 20 yard line to the other!
Over 60,000 people packed into the stadium to see these legends
Holmans, Fitzhughs, Benifer, Parkers



4 comments:

  1. So fun! You girls are all so cute in your cowboy boots. :) What a fun family event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE FAMILY......all the girls in boots...Except what is your dad looking at, Tina's feet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a blog! I have added you to my favorites! Looks like you guys had a great time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Parker women are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete