Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!

It's officially fall at our house! This is hands-down my favorite time of the year! I love the cool weather, throwing open the windows (and reducing the A/C bill at the same time), decorating with pumpkins, wearing cute sweaters, and spending our Saturdays returning to our beloved Baylor for football games and good times with old friends. I love the family gatherings that always happen this time of year and making the first hot chocolate batch of the year. I know some of you out there are summer lovers, or spring aficianados, but in my opinion, you just can't beat the autumn season.

Despite what Ryan may think, I even enjoy those lazy Saturdays that come along every once in a while when we spend all day snuggled up on the couch, watching college football, and consuming enormous amounts of chips and queso, pizza, and Dr. Pepper.

The fall is always busy for us, as I'm sure it is for many of you, and this year is no different. I'm pretty sure every weekend from here till Christmas is booked with football games, weddings, family reunions, and holidays. So far, we've already made it to two Baylor home games and will be heading back to Waco tomorrow for another game. We were pretty disappointed to hear that our star quarterback may be out for the rest of the season with a knee injury, but we'll be there to cheer on the team no matter what!

Here's a sample of us decked out in our game day gear - I also love that every football season gives me a good excuse to buy new outfits for the games :)

Things are going well with Baby Fitz too - I'm feeling much better these days and I got to see the baby on another ultrasound a few weeks ago. Our little one is apparently quite an athlete already - he or she was bouncing around and waving at me the whole time :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the picture of the baby! Just beautiful! We were also sad about our Baylor Quarterback. Boo. But, we'll still be cheering them on as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should add a note about the monsoon that we sat through at the game last Saturday. I couldn't believe my darling Melissa was out in that downpour!

    ReplyDelete