Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Super Post

Whew! September was super busy at the Fitzhugh household, so I apologize for the lack of updates. Since I fell so far behind, this is going to be a quick rundown of everything we've been up to the last few weeks.

First, Griff enjoyed his FIRST Baylor football game with Daddy. My boys headed to Waco on their own, where they met up with Abby, Zayde, Auntie B and future-Uncle Stephen. Of course, Aunt Heather and Uncle Blake were also there, so G got some quality cuddle time with them too. Since then we've all been to one more home game, and decided that Griffin must be our little good luck charm. Every game he's attended has been a win for the Bears...good thing we have season tickets!



We've also celebrated the birthdays of both Griffin's grandfathers and one of his aunts.....Happy Belated Birthday to Poppa, Zayde and Auntie B!!


Griffin had a chance to meet one of his great-grandfathers, PaPa, who came in town for the OU-Texas game last weekend. I don't really have any OU gear for G, so I dressed him in the only crimson-colored outfit I had....looks more like a farmer than a Sooner, but oh well.


Last but not least, Griffin, Mama, and Gigi hopped on a plane bound for sunny Florida for a wonderful visit with my former college roommate Paige and her family. Paige's parents were amazing hosts, treating us to delicious home-cooked meals and sweet fellowship. Paige is such a dear friend, and I cherish the time we're able to spend together. I hate that she lives so far away, but it makes our visits that much more special.


I think Griffin's favorite part was watching Miss Finley (Paige's little girl) talk and run and twirl and just be the adorable, sweet, loving little girl she is. She was even willing to share all her toys with the Little Man. Too cute! Gigi was a HUGE help to me...even though Griff was great on the plane, it takes a lot of energy to entertain him (read let him jump constantly on your lap) in such a confined space, and I couldn't have done it without her. I think it also helped that we flew on Southwest, which made for a longer trip (stopping in San Antonio), but the flight attendants were helpful and since everyone gets to pick their own seat, we ended up with an empty seat next to us most of the time. Weird huh? I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't voluntarily sit next to a mom traveling with her six-month-old baby :)




No comments:

Post a Comment