Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day/Mother's Day Recap

Father's Day:
We had a great Father's Day at our house, celebrating Ryan and what a wonderful father he is already. We started early with breakfast in bed for Daddy and the "sentimental" gift Griffin and Momma made. We picked up a kit to make an imprint of Little Man's hands...seemed like a fun way to commemorate Ryan's first Father's Day. It may look simple, but let me tell you, it is no easy task to get a 2-month-old to uncurl his fists on command. But I was very happy with the results, and Ryan seemed to really like it.

Then Ryan spent the rest of the morning smoking a pork shoulder I'd picked up for him at the Lewisville Meat Market. Delish!! That guy LOVES to cook with his smoker....and we love eating everything he makes! The rest of the day Ryan had full control of the remote and got to do whatever he wanted....which pretty much consisted of watching World Cup games, surfing the internet, and hanging out with us. He's pretty easy to please :) Our "fun" gift for Dad was the new iPhone 4 (which isn't actually available yet, but it's been pre-ordered). I have a feeling I'm going to want my own once it gets here!

Finally, we went out to dinner, but soon realized that we're probably past Griffin's sleep-anywhere days. The poor little guy was exhausted and ready for bed half way through the salads. Oh well....it was fun while it lasted :)


I love you honey. You've always been a wonderful friend and husband to me, and I love getting to see you step into this new role as dad. I can only hope that our little guy grows up to be just like his daddy.

Mother's Day:
While I was writing this post, I realized that I never wrote about Mother's Day, so here's a brief recap. First, I was spoiled with donuts and coffee that morning, and then I was surprised when I walked into Griffin's nursery to see a little note and gift from him and Daddy. My sweet boys! They had commissioned the creation of a beautiful necklace featuring Griffin's birthstone for me. I just LOVE it!!


Then we got to spend the afternoon celebrating all the moms in our lives. It's been our tradition to invite both of our moms and families to our house for a Mother's Day luncheon, and this year was no different...except that I was suddenly one of the "moms" this time. So fun! We made it a pot luck this year, so I wouldn't have to cook all morning, and the entire lunch was delicious. I love getting our families together. And I'm truly honored to have two great moms to learn from as I begin this exciting/challenging journey of motherhood.


Griff, I know I won't always get it right, but with the Lord's help, I'll grow to be the mom you need and deserve. You're a beautiful reminder of God's love for each of His children, and I'll do my best to echo that love to you each day. I'll love you forever and always.

1 comment: