Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence Day

I'm a little late posting this, but our family motto is "better late than never" so here goes.  For the 4th of July this year, we continued our new tradition of gathering with family at Legado.  

Legado (Spanish for Legacy) is my parents' house on Lake Lewisville.  Ryan and I love heading out there and are quickly becoming "lake people."  In fact, Ryan's got the itch to buy a jet ski now, and it's all I can do to pry the SeaDoo catalog out of his hands these days.

Anyway, this year we met up with my folks, my sisters, my aunt and uncle, and their crazy kids at the lake house to celebrate together.  We spent all day Friday out on the lake, cooked out Saturday and watched the local fireworks displays by the lake that night.  Lake Lewisville is a great spot to watch fireworks because you can see shows by Lewisville, Flower Mound, The Colony, Frisco, and probably a few others I couldn't pinpoint.  We even had our own fireworks extravaganza as the boys (including the "big" boys) set off a truck load of pyrotechnics purchased from our local fireworks stand - they put on quite a show!

Ahhh.....a great way to celebrate the 4th!  I forgot to bring my camera, so I'm at the mercy of my mom and sister to send pictures of the weekend.  I'll post some as soon as they come through!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I had no idea you even had a blog!!! Where have I been? I'm glad I found it now though so that I can stay up with what's going on with you guys!

    ReplyDelete