Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eight Months Old

Jasper turns eight months old today. Such a big boy! In the last few weeks, he's learned to clap and loves to clap along when I sing pat-a-cake. He's also found his voice in a big way. Just after I posted his seven month update, noting that he was much quieter than Griff at that age, Jasper decided to prove me wrong. He's started jabbering all the time, saying "dada" over and over and talking to his reflection in the mirror. So sweet!

He's also working hard to figure out the crawling thing. Mostly he's just getting up on hands and knees and rocking back and forth, but he's also figured out how to scoot around backwards, so I'm guessing the forward motion isn't too far off. I know it will make things more challenging around here once he really takes off, but I personally can't wait. I think he and Griff will enjoy each other so much more when J can kind of keep up with his big brother. In fact, I recently made up a knew game that proves this point. I basically just hold Jasper at ground level and help him "jump" along the floor to chase Griffin. Both of the boys think this is hilarious, especially when Jasper "catches" Griffin. I can't wait till they can really start playing together!

Jasper tried his first bite of those puffed rice snacks, and he's a big fan. He can't quite get them in his mouth with his own little fingers yet, but when he sees them in my hand he'll sit with his jaws gaping wide like a little baby bird waiting for a worm. It's pretty funny to watch.

Things Jasper loves this month: his own reflection (it is a pretty adorable reflection, so I can't blame him!), being tickled, and being tossed in the air. I just love to hear his sweet giggles!

Can't wait to see what the next month brings!







No comments:

Post a Comment