Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Six Months Old


My littlest man turned six months old on New Year's Day! He's growing up so fast - I just don't know where the time has gone. As his grandparents, aunts and uncles can tell you, Jasper is usually very quick to give you a big gummy smile these days. No teeth yet, but lots of drooling, so it may not be long. He's still a good sleeper, taking three naps a day, and I always know when he's tired because he'll start some serious sucking on his little fist. Mere pacifiers or thumbs are not enough for this guy, he needs an entire fist in his mouth to be happy at bedtime :) Lately, I think he's caught on to the fact that big brother is having lots of fun without him while he sleeps, so those naps have been getting shorter and shorter. Just when I had his schedule figured out!


I'm happy to report that J-Man is a WONDERFUL eater!! He's sampled several fruits, vegetables, and various kinds of cereal, and he hasn't met a food yet that he doesn't like. This is a far cry from my experience with Griffin, who protested lots of baby foods and can still be a picky eater at times. Jasper, on the other hand, only cries when the bowl of food is empty and I'm usually scrambling to get something else in his mouth because I'm not prepared for him to want to eat so much. I've been making most of his food myself, because it's pretty easy and somehow looks a lot tastier than the Gerber variety. But I'm no stranger to pre-made baby food, so we'll just see how long I can keep up with the growing boy's demand.


I've caught J rolling from back to tummy a few times the last several days and he's having more fun playing with all his toys now that he can sit up, reach around, and get a good hold on them. And now that he's rolling on to his tummy, he's ready to move! He seems to really like it when I press my hands against the backs of his feet, so that he can push off and get some mini-crawl action on the floor.


Jasper has also taken a new interest in our dog Dixie and gets the cutest look of surprise when she wanders close enough for him to feel her fluffy fur. He recently discovered how to bounce and he LOVES it! Whether he's jumping in his door jumpy thing, grooving in his exersaucer, or just bouncing in your lap, that boy loves to jiggle. His big brother was an avid bouncer too, if memory serves correct, so I'm guessing the two of them will have plenty in common as he gets bigger.

I've also learned that our little guy is pretty ticklish. He giggles when you tickle his ribs or his tummy, and sometimes when I'm dressing him, I'm surprised to hear him start laughing when I lift up his arms to pull off his sleeves. Guess I found a new tickle spot :) It's so fun to listen to him squeal and giggle.

Jasper, Daddy and I love you so much! You bring a new kind of joy to our little family, and we love watching you grow up. Big brother wants you to grow up a little faster, so he can really play with you, but we don't mind if you take your time. Happy Half-Birthday Bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment