Jasper

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Griffin

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, January 3, 2011

Big Brother!


That's right....we can hardly believe it ourselves, but Griff is going to be a BIG BROTHER in just a few months! We are thrilled (and a little terrified) to be awaiting the arrival of our second child this summer....due July 14th, 2011.

It's going to be a little crazy around our house for a while, but at the rate Griff is growing up, I think we will really appreciate another baby in the mix. Can't wait to find out if we will have a little brother or a little sister for our little man :)

So far, this pregnancy has been very different from the first one. I've been nauseous, but not nearly as much as I was with Griff. With him, we actually designated one toilet in the house for puking and one for everything else (TMI, I know). Of course, that may be because my new doctor immediately prescribed Zofran for me...a girl's best friend when it comes to morning sickness. I've also been much more tired that I was the first time around....again, that maybe due to circumstances more than anything, specifically, chasing after a crawling youngster all day! The other big difference this time is that I've been craving all kinds of fried food (onion rings - yum!). With Griff, I couldn't stand the smell or even the thought of burgers, fries, chicken, pretty much anything that was greasy or fatty. Good thing I was able to lose the baby weight pretty fast with Griffin, because with these cravings, things aren't looking good for my girlish figure :)

Overall, I'd say I really enjoy being pregnant, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super excited that the first trimester is officially over. Bring on the second trimester happy times!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! How fun to have them so close together! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny! our due dates are one day apart, we are due, july 13th.. and my pregnancy is much like yours.. i have been nauseous this time around (i never was with jackson), i was less tired (i feel like it was because i had no choice, i had to follow around my 22 month old everywhere), and i have been craving anything salty.. and fried. with jackson, i just craved fruit... wierd!! cant wait to see what we are going to have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am very excited for you sweet Melissa! So fun!

    ReplyDelete